Duncanson Company is an established professional engineering and land surveying firm located in Burien with an exciting and dynamic work environment. Our goal is to provide a challenging and rewarding work atmosphere with an opportunity to grow with the company. We maintain an excellent client base with a variety of projects throughout Washington and Oregon.
Our projects include engineering and surveying, residential subdivisions, commercial site developments and some municipal engineering. We look for energetic individuals to help build and expand our top notch organization.
Our employees enjoy:
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Vacation/Sick Leave
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Benefits
- Career Enhancement Training
- Tuition Reimbursement for approved Continuing Ed
- Company Celebrations
- Free Parking
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Centrally located with easy access from Renton, West Seattle, Des Moines Federal Way, Kent and Auburn
We have a great opportunity for a BSCE with experience in residential and commercial development. This position is for an individual with at least several years’ experience either with their PE or the ability to sit for the exam within a year. We are also welcoming resume’s from entry level EITs. Come build on your education and gain experience with us. As a smaller firm, our engineers participate and are exposed to a wide variety of tasks. The position offers the opportunity to develop a broad spectrum of skills early in your career. This provides excellent preparation for the PE exam and is professionally rewarding.
Typical duties and assignments:
- Evaluate project site characteristics with respect to zoning, drainage, road and environmental regulations.
- Develop feasibility investigation reports.
- Perform design calculations for stormwater management and road geometrics.
- Coordinate with other design professionals, such as geotechnical, traffic, architects and biologists.
- Perform field observations.
- Evaluate various alternatives to achieve effective design.
- Prepare technical reports and graphics.
- Coordinate with survey staff.
- Prepare road plans, profiles, pipe networks and grading analysis using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Complete and obtain entitlement documents.
- Make project applications.
- Track projects through the agency review processes and respond to comments.
Abilities and work habits:
- Strong ability to organize assignments and time so as to work effectively and independently.
- Clear and concise technical writing skills.
- Demonstrated desire and ability to learn and excel.
- Dependability and attention to detail.
- Work with other staff and consultants on coordinated efforts to achieve project goals.
- BSCE with PE or EIT with ability to sit for exam within a year.
- Several years’ experience in the industry.
- Experience with Civil 3D, WWHM, City of Seattle OSM Calculator, and MS Office.
- Experience or general knowledge of zoning, drainage and road standards governing land development.
- Self organized and detail oriented.
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job location is in Burien.
Survey Drafting Technician
Duncanson Company has a great opportunity for a full-time, survey drafting technician. Position requires experience and proficiency with AutoCAD Land Desktop and/or Civil 3D to prepare boundary and topographic survey maps. Prior production drafting experience is preferred. Knowledge of point databases and inserting points into a drawing will be helpful. In addition, a willingness or ability to work in the field occasionally (instrument or rod) and/or experience with civil drafting are also desired.
Typical job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare survey maps, plans, and exhibits from collected survey data using AutoCAD LDT and/or Civil 3D
- Research legal, survey and right-of-way records to obtain information about boundaries and areas to be drafted
- Reduce and process field notes, sketches and digital data (survey points and DXF files)
- Build surfaces from collected survey data using AutoCAD LDT and/or Civil 3D
- Review title reports and associated legal descriptions and easements to determine how they affect the subject boundary and the surveyed site area
- Compare and possibly modify drawing and/or drawing blocks based on cross-reference to survey point list
- Prepare legal descriptions for boundaries and/or easements under the direction of the supervising surveyor
- Compile information necessary to stake projects for construction using approved architectural/engineering plans
- Develop construction staking calculations and points using AutoCAD LDT and/or Civil 3D
Qualifications should include:
- Experience and proficiency with AutoCAD Land Desktop and/or Civil 3D – Required for consideration
- Ability to read and understand, as well as prepare legal descriptions – Required for consideration
- Ability to calculate boundaries and easements from legal descriptions – Required for consideration
- Understanding of state plane coordinate systems and vertical datums
- Knowledge of post-processing GPS data using Trimble Business Center
- Ability to perform translations and datum shifts to published and/or GPS coordinates
- Ability to work on multiple projects under direction of multiple project managers
- Willing to work on team oriented projects and take direction from supervising surveyor
Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.